Monday, August 1, 2011

Anyone else ready for fall?

I know I am!! I usually don't even bother looking at the forecast in the summer. I mean, really, what's the point? But, for some reason last night I decided to take a look at the forecast on my phone. It is usually pretty accurate (actually, it always ends up being a few degrees warmer, but it's close.) So, I was a little bit shocked to see this........
Yeah, it gets hot here......and we do have 40-50+ days on end in the triple digits.....and we go weeks on end without any rain, but 107,108,109!! Come on now. I expected to see 100, 101, maybe 102. But this was a bit much. Oh well, guess we'll just wait till tomorrow......

That's right folks, 112 degrees. This was taken at 5:00 in the afternoon as the kids and I were leaving Hawaiian Falls. I figured it would drop a few degrees once we got on the road, but it never did. It was still 112 as we pulled in to Rockwall around 6:00. An hour and a half later when we left, it had dropped to 110. The boys wanted to go ride bikes so we went home, loaded up the bikes, and went over to the park and turned them loose. It was 106 when we got there shortly after 8:00 and by 9:00 it was a cool 102. It is days like today that make me crave winter, seriously crave it. There is nothing about this weather that appeals to me at all. (and yes, this was the entire meat of this post:)



No comments: