Sunday, August 31, 2008

317

A few weeks ago we went out to 317 to let the boys run around and be boys. Daddy had some deer feeders to set up as well as some game cameras. Look at these boys, ready to go. (nevermind the gun behind their heads!! NICE!!)

Strap it down tight boys!! The 4 wheeler made it just fine, the feeder did not. It didn't even make it 2 miles. It was so light that it flew off the trailer. Tony and I managed to pick up all the pieces and it was reassembled later on in the afternoon. Blake was pleased that Daddy was able to get it put together so the deer didn't have to get hungry. He told me that he knows why Dad has to keep going and checking on the feeders every week...."those deers are Papa's pets and Papa is old so Dad has to go give them corn so they are healthy!" Of course I had to tell him that he was right, what was I supposed to tell him, "No baby Daddy is tricking those poor deer so he can shoot them when they least ecpect it."

OK, can you say REDNECK!!?? We had been trying to figure out a way to take all 3 of the boys riding with us on the 4 wheelers. Our neighbor offered this suggestion and it was a lifesaver. Tony had that carseat strapped down with 2 ratchet straps and the top teather.
Wha-la!! Chase LOVED it. He does not like riding without being in the seat. I think he feels more secure in it. I am too short and the belly is too big for anyone to ride in front of me, so this was perfect. There is only one little problem with this. Chase kicks me in the back if we stop for any reason!! "Go Mommy! Go!" And, as you can see, there is a ton of red dirt and mommy wore a white shirt (um, yeah that was smart.)
Tony got this "contraption" for his 4 wheeler so that Blake can ride behind him and then Ethan rides in fromt of him. As you can imagine, it is a sight to behold.

1 comment:

Jill Cornelius said...

And I thought I was adventurous riding the lawn mower pregnant!

Love the redneck carseats! Safety first!