Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I have finally started a blog for our family!!

Since I have nothing else going on, (HA HA HA) I have decided to start a blog for our family and friends to keep up with us!! The boys are growing up so fast and I am horrible about emailing pictures and sending updates so I am hoping this will be easier for everyone!!

We are still recovering from our big NASCAR adventure. What a week! Tony headed out Tuesday night and waited for the gates to open Wednesday morning. He and his dad spent the day getting everything backed in, hooked up, unloaded and anchored down for the big weekend. Tony headed back out to the track Friday afternoon with Blake and Ethan to watch time trials and qualifying. The plan was for them to come back to Rockwall for Blake's soccer game and to pick up me and Chase, but all of the inbound Nationwide traffic made that impossible. After sitting in traffic for several hours and being diverted to Ft. Worth, it became obvious that they weren't going to make it by game time. They headed back to TMS and Chase and I packed up and headed that way. We took our sweet time getting there and ended up arriving with 10 laps to go in the race, so we too had the pleasure of sitting in all of the traffic that had kept Tony and the boys from getting out. You would think that by now we would have the timing worked out a little better. As soon as I got to the track, Ethan started running a fever. We figured he would be fine since the boys are famous for running a temp for a few hours and waking up fine the next day. My sweet mother in law headed to Wal-Mart that evening to get a thermometer and some Tylenol, just in case. It's a good thing because by noon on Sunday little Ethan's temp was 106.1. We got it down some, but it stayed around 104.5-105.5 most of the day. I think Blake is the only one that got to watch the race. Chase and I watched the first 5 laps and Tony watched the last 31 laps!! We got the 5th wheel packed up and headed out around 9:45. We got home around 11:30 and got everyone tucked in bed for the night. Ethan was up most of the night so I took him to the doctor Monday morning and he has strep and the flu. Funny thing is he never really acted sick. He has slowed down some, but he is still our happy little Ethan. He has now been fever free for 24 hours, but still looks sick in his eyes. Hopefully he will sleep well tonight. Each day is better.

I will post some pictures as soon as I can figure out how!!

No comments: