Monday, September 15, 2008

It is always aomething.....

**UPDATE**
I started this post days ago. I apologize for its length and wordiness, but if I don't write this stuff down I will forget. I will add pictures soon. Also, you can vote on whether you think the boys will be getting a brother or sister.

Whew!! What a crazy week we have had.....I'll tell you, it is always something around here. There is honestly never a dull moment, if there is you can bet there is trouble around the corner. Let me start by saying that Tony and I LOVED Cozumel. It was our first vacation without kids and although we missed them, we did have a good time. I think it had been about 10 years since we had traveled through an airport without at least one kid and all of the gear that goes with them. The weather was great, Gustav brought a stray shower or two but nothing that kept us off the beach. Tony got to go on 3 dives while we were there and I got to lay on the beach without worrying about any kids!!! We got home on Sunday and went and picked the kids up from Tony's parents and got everyone home and in bed. Monday was crazy trying to get everything umpacked and washed and put away, get the week's lesson plans done, and get everything ready for the week. Chase and Ethan had their first day of school while Tony and I were gone. Ethan loved it, Chase hated it. So Tuesday, we were off to try school for the second day. Both boys screamed when I dropped them off, but I didn't have time to hang around and check on them. Blake and I had to get downtown for my doctor's appointment. "Jim-Susie" (thanks Bret and Jenny for the name) is growing like a weed. I measured a week and a half ahead and they moved my due date up to January 30th. Much to Daddy's disappointment, Blakey and I did not find out whether Jim-Susie is a brother or a sister (hence the name Jim-Susie.) Blake and I headed back into Rockwall for lunch and to kill an hour before picking the little boys up from school. As we were leaving the restaurant it started pouring. Blake wanted us to run to the Suburban, so he was pulling on my arm. I am not really sure what happened or how it happened, but I ended up falling and knocking myself silly. I am hoping that no one saw what happened, because I laid in the parking lot for a while trying to get my bearings and figure out where and who I was. Blake was freaked out because when I hit the back of my head, it shattered my hair clip and my shoes came off and were going to go down the drainage ditch. I managed to get to the car and then go get the boys from school. Chase had another horrible day. Luckily Ethan had gotton happy and was having a great day. My OB didn't want to see me since I didn't fall on my stomach and I wasn't bleeding. So, Tony came home early and got me to the chiropractor. My vision was really messed up (even more than usual) and I could hardly walk. Everything from Tuesday through about Friday is a blur. I made several trips to the chiropractor and by Friday was doing much better. My head is still a little "off" in more ways than one. On Thursday, Chase moved to a different class. He was not doing well in the younger class and Tony and I just knew it wasn't a good fit for him. He has older brothers and is always around older kids. It just wasn't like him to be sad all day. Let's face it he isn't our first, it isn't his first time to be left, and it is definitely not his first time at the church. I was so relieved that he walked right in and never looked back. When we picked him up, they said he had had a great day, never cried once!! Both of the teachers knew him and said that "he was his normal happy little self." Friday was spent glued to the TV. The weather channel kept changing Ike's projected path. We went from getting a direct hit at a category 1 hurricane to an inland tropical storm warning. Luckily for us, Ike hit farther north and we got a little wind and about 2.5 inches of much needed rain on Saturday. At one point, Blake came downstairs with a sponge and spray bottle, he said that Chase's fingerprints were all over the TV and he couldn't get them off. Strange....so I went upstairs and as Chase greeted me I noticed he looked a little greasy. He had gotton in the bathroom (which is usually closed) and gotton in the Aquaphor It was EVERYWHERE, all over him, the walls, the bathroom. What a mess. That stuff is not easy to clean up. I bathed him in Dawn, twice...and he still looked greasy. It eventually wore off. On Sunday we headed out to 317. We really expected to see more evidence of Ike out there than we did. The rain gauge reported 4 inches of rain, but it was apparently a slow soaking rain because there wasn't any standing water. It was so nice out there. We had a nice breeze all day and temp around 80. The boys had a blast riding the Silver Streak, shooting the BB guns, playing in the dirt, and riding 4 wheelers. Hopefully we will get to go out there more now that the weathere is getting cooler.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are okay from your big fall...I fell one time when I was pregnant and it was pretty scary!

Jill Cornelius said...

How are you doing now? Did you ever go into the doc? I fell too when I was pregnant with Haidyn. Slipped on some ice and wham--down on my big tush.

Amy said...

Glad you are okay! And maybe you will him the baby on my babies' birthday - the 31st.