Monday, September 29, 2008

Passy Free!!

Top: Chase at about 15 months
Bottom: Chase at Easter, around 17 months


Top: Chase (18-19 months)

Bottom: Chase at 22 months (I think this is the last pic of him with the passy)

That's right folks, Chase Ryan is free from the passy. Tony and I weren't planning on taking it away, in fact Daddy thought that he was too young to give it up. Here's what happened....Friday morning Chase came downstairs, passy in the mouth (as usual.) After breakfast, I told him to take it and put it on his bed (it is supposed to stay on his bed, but since he is on a big boy bed he gets in whenever he wants.) Anyway, he puts it in his mouth and goes upstairs and starts playing. Fast forward to nap time and the passy is nowhere to be found. I finally had to put him in bed and I told him that he was going to nap without a passy because he didn't put it back on his bed after breakfast. He started searching all over his bed..under the covers, under his pillow, but no passy. Again, I told him that his passy was lost and he needed to take a nap anyway. To my surprise he fell asleep without a fuss. We found one later that afternoon and decided that if he started sucking his thumb or chewing on his fingers we would give him the passy back, but he has done great. He has only asked for it once or twice since Friday and I have just told him that he didn't put it up and now it is lost. He hasn't cried for it at all. I am SHOCKED at how easy the transition has been and at how well he has done. Tony and I both thought that it was going to be a long hard battle because he was so attatched to his beloved passy. Hopefully we won't have any regressions this week. I think we tried 3 or 4 times to take Ethan's away and had to give it back because he was sucking his fingers at night and then he started biting (toys, furniture, people, whatever.) I can't remember how old he was but I know he was past the age of 2.

1 comment:

Jill Cornelius said...

Go Chase! Maddie was 2.5 when we were able to get rid of hers. She did great until she found one under her bed and I confiscated it! Poor thing. The others never really took to one.